<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Zip texturing question for Joe
Moderators: admin, joef, bear creek
Author Post
cwclark
Tue Aug 22 2006, 07:58AM

Registered Member #355
Joe,
A year or so ago you posted on the MRR forum about a dry tempra paint mixture in the dry plaster to add some earth toned color to zip texturing. ...do you still have the formulas?...I wrote them down but don't have a clue where i put it and my wife is real upset with me now for messing up the bookshelves yesterday looking for it...(gee, i have a lot of train notes, train books and mags.)...I tried a small spot on the layout last night using what i thought would work, but it came out way too dark...chuck
Website
joef
Tue Aug 22 2006, 11:32AM

Registered Member #3
Chuck:

How about this?

That's a link to the post in my scenery clinic where I talk about mixing "zip texturing" using dry powdered tempera and plaster.

The general rule is if it's too dark, then add in twice as much plaster and try again. You generally need at least 50% plaster to make the mix work, and even better is 70 - 80% plaster to color. In some cases even 90% plaster isn't unreasonable if you want something very light.

Joe Fugate
http://siskiyou-railfan.net - 200,000 hits and counting!

In video ...
Website
cwclark
Tue Aug 22 2006, 12:01PM

Registered Member #355
that's it!!!...no wonder it came out so dark..i was doing a 3 part plaster to one part tempra paint...thank you...chuck

[ Edited Tue Aug 22 2006, 12:02PM ]
Website

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF